What is Whole Body Cryotherapy?
WBC is the process of exposing the body to hyper cool temperatures in order to elicit the natural healing process. Developed in Japan in the 1970s, WBC is used by professional athletes to decrease recovery time and improve performance and by clients seeking recovery from musculoskeletal pain.
Is Whole Body Cryotherapy for me?
Whether you are a professional athlete, weekend warrior, or generally seeking enhanced health and wellness, WBC can help your body achieve its ultimate potential.
Is Whole Body Cryotherapy safe?
Yes. Because WBC uses cold air, the cooling agents never actually come into contact with your skin. The air is chilled using liquid nitrogen, and nitrogen makes up 78% of the air we breath. Because the temperature change to your body is only superficial, your internal body temperature remains constant throughout treatment. Your head is always kept outside of the low temperature area.
who should not use Whole Body Cryotherapy?
WBC should not be used if you are:
- Have cold, fever, or seasonal infection (flu, sinusitis, etc.)
- Have cold-induced asthma
- Have an open wound or sore (including teeth abscesses)
- Have severe hypertension
- Have hyperthyroidism
- Have tumor diseases
- Have a heart or cardiovascular and respiratory disease (which may include heart disease, hyper- or hypotension, angina, heart failure ischemic heart disease or other rhythmic conditions)
- Have acute respiratory disease
- Have a pacemaker
- Have peripheral arterial disease (Fontaine Stages III & IV )
- Expired venous thrombosis
- Have seizures
- Have bacterial and viral skin infections
- Have acute kidney and urinary tract disease
- Are under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Heart attack which dates less then 6 months
- Have severe anemia
- Have Raynaud’s syndrome
- Have Polyneuropathy
How often should I use Whole Body Cryotherapy?
The Cryosauna can be used up to twice a day, but this is typically only recommended for professional athletes on a very vigorous training schedule. Generally 2-3 treatments a week are sufficient for most patients, however treatment schedules vary depending on your level of athletic activity, severity of soft tissue ailments, and other factors.
What Do I Wear During a Session?
What If I’m Claustrophobic?
Are These Treatments Safe?
13618 Hull Street Rd
Midlothian , VA 23112
Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm
Saturday 10am - 7pm
Sunday 12pm - 6pm
Copyright © 2019 AbsoluteCryotherapy.com - All Right Reserved
13618 Hull St Rd, Midlothian, VA 23122| Phone : (804) 889-CRYO| Email : email@example.com