Whole Body Cryotherapy
Welcome to absolute cryotherapy & wellness
whole body cryotherapy in midlothian va
what is whole body cryotherapy?
Cryotherapy is a form of cold therapy, a method that has long been proven to reduce pain and inflammation and improve recovery. In a whole body cryotherapy (WBC) session, the body from the neck down is immersed in a chamber with gasses cooled to below-freezing temperatures. The body reacts to the freezing temperatures in a process called thermogenesis. During thermogenesis, the body goes into survival mode by rushing your blood to your core, oxygenating it. As it rushes back through your body, it removes stagnant toxins and increases your metabolism. Another amazing benefit is you can burn up to 800 calories in a single session! This process stimulates the body’s natural healing process, reducing the need for medications and other forms of treatment.
The treatment sessions are brief, usually lasting about 2-5 minutes. Once the cryo session is over and the body is introduced back to normal temperatures, the many benefits of whole body cryotherapy take place. The effects of cryotherapy can last 48 hours after the session, resulting in the burning of up to 800 calories in a single session!
The theory behind cryotherapy is similar to using an ice pack on an injury. Just like a cold compress, whole body cryotherapy is an effective way to aid the recovery of sore muscles, chronic joint pain, and athletic injuries.
BENEFITS OF WHOLE BODY CRYOTHERAPY (WBC)
WBC is a popular therapy among athletes and celebrities because it offers so many health and wellness benefits. Just a short session in a cryo chamber can improve both your physical and mental health. Some of the benefits include:
- Instant reduction in pain – Cold therapy has been long-proven to significantly reduce pain and inflammation and provide relief from ailments such as arthritis and muscle soreness.
- Faster recovery times – By increasing blood flow, sore muscles and injuries can get the nutrients they need to heal faster than they would without cryotherapy.
- Younger, healthier-looking skin – Cryotherapy stimulates the production of collagen in the body which helps to tighten the skin and prevent signs of aging.
- Weight loss – Introducing the body to below-freezing temperatures increases the metabolism and burns calories.
- Improved mood and overall well-being – the cold environment often has a calming effect on the nervous system, making it a viable treatment option for those with frequent mood disorders like anxiety and depression.
Although every client is different, most report looking and feeling better after cryotherapy. Whole body cryotherapy is a great addition to your health and wellness routine to help you live longer and feel better.
What to Expect During a Whole Body Cryotherapy (WBC) Session
The thought of going into a cryo chamber well below freezing can be intimidating at first, but the entire process of whole body cryotherapy is actually very safe and pain free! For most clients, the process is similar to taking a cold shower or diving into the pool on a cold day. WBC is much more comfortable than traditional cold therapy like ice baths. Plus, the entire session lasts only a few minutes, making it easy to fit into a busy schedule.
How Often Should Whole Body Cryotherapy (WBC) Be Done?
While the benefits of WBC can be felt after just a single session, regular sessions are recommended to obtain maximum benefits. Maintaining regular cryotherapy sessions can improve your overall well-being in a variety of ways. Let our staff help you choose the right package to meet your health and wellness goals.
IS WHOLE BODY CRYOTHERAPY RIGHT FOR YOU?
Call us today to discuss our cryotherapy treatment options.
13618 Hull Street Rd
Midlothian , VA 23112
Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm
Saturday 10am - 8pm
Sunday 12pm - 6pm